Health Visitors are registered nurses or midwives who have who have a specialised qualification in the care and development of pre-school children.
The Health Visiting team work in accordance with the Healthy Child Programme which is a national programme aimed at promoting optimal health and well-being for all children.
Health Visitors provide an essential service to Children and Families and work within local communities to promote and improve health and reduce health inequalities. Child Health Practitioners and Nursery Nurses support the Health Visitor in delivering this service.
The Health Visiting Service provides a holistic approach to support parents in the promotion of health and well-being of all pre-school aged children across Liverpool and Sefton. All children receive this service from birth and in some circumstances prior to birth.
We work closely with Midwives, Family Nurse Partnership (FNP), School Nurses, Children's Centres, GP's, Social Care and Voluntary services.
The service offers:
- Breast feeding support/advice
- Advice on healthy eating and exercise
- Child developmental reviews
- Advice regarding child behaviour
- Support children with any additional needs
- Support in safeguarding children
- Pre-School immunisations advice
- Referrals to child specialist services
- Physical and Emotional Well Being for the family
The Health Visitors are based at;23 - 25 Goodlass RoadSpekeLiverpoolL24 9HJ0151 295 9700