Our Practice Nurse is Clare Hickey and she will provide the following Services:
The role of the Practice Nurse is to:
- Provide advice, consultation and information about a range of health conditions and minor ailments, referring to other members of the practice team as necessary.
- Perform investigatory procedures & performing phlebotomy service if needed.e.g. taking blood and urine samples, other specimens and swabs.
- Conduct first-registration checks.
- Give contraceptive advice.
- Offer cervical smear &, breast assessments & auditing.
- Offer specialist information and advice in areas such as blood pressure, weight control, smoking cessation, heart conditions, etc.
- Offer travel health care advice.
- All chronic disease monitoring like COPD, Asthma, Heart Disease and Diabetes.
- Sexual health
If you require any of the above,please ring surgery, you will be given an appointment with the Practice Nurse.
The Practice Nurse also provides child immunisations, travel and annual Flu vaccinations.
You will be offered these services through our annual Call and Recall system and by appointment.